ALC is proud of the front line team that serves people needing help because they have been vetted through a rigid hiring process and trained to handle nearly any situation. Our medical professionals, RN and LPNs offer an elevated source of care support to those who are in greater need of medical assistance, according to their doctors.
Weekend On-Call Home Health RN to work Saturday and Sunday. Ability to work close to home!!! Home Health experience required!
Job Description Summary
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
Current licensure in state and CPR certification.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience required.
Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides and LPN’s.
Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.Apply Now
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The volunteer provides patient care and support services according to his/her experience and training and in compliance with organization policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as an integral member of the interdisciplinary group amid various settings: home care; respite; inpatient, bereavement and/or administrative; office duties.
2. Participates in general orientation.
3. Serves the patient and family/caregiver under guidance of Volunteer Coordinator and Case Manager or as a part of the administrative team.
4. Serves as substitute family/caregiver in the home performing activities that the volunteer has been prepared for and has agreed to perform. The volunteer may do homemaker chores, run errands, and provide respite care as well.
5. Documents as educated and instructed maintaining confidentiality.
6. Meets all health requirements set by Organization’s Name.
7. Provides availability on a regular basis and/or keeping with the patient and family/caregiver needs.
8. Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational inservices.
9. Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
10. Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
11. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
12. Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings, as appropriate.
1. Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
2. Surviving family members: must meet one year waiting period after patient’s death to participate in direct patient care or public relations activities.
3. Successful completion of the hospice’s volunteer training and orientation program.
4. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful.
5. Ability to work within the interdisciplinary group.
6. If making home visits, must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.Apply Now